11 Jan 2019
January 11, 2019
Plain aluminium sheet has been one of the most raw material for many industries with factory applied. Here are the main introduction of the plain aluminum sheet from 1000 series to 7000 series.
- 1000 series: Aluminum content more than 99.00%, good electrical conductivity, corrosion resistance and welding performance, low strength, no heat treatment strengthening. Application range are mainly used in science testing, chemical industry and special applications.
- 2000 series: Aluminum alloy containing copper as the main element. Manganese, magnesium, lead and antimony are also added for machinability. Applications are aviation industry (2014 alloy), screws (2011 alloy) and industries with higher temperature (2017 alloy).
- 3000 series: Aluminum alloy with manganese as the main alloying element, can not be heat-treated and strengthened, 3000 series aluminium plain sheet has good corrosion resistance, welding performance and plasticity. Disadvantages are low strength, but can be strengthened by cold work hardening. Applications are oil-conducting seamless pipes used on aircraft(3003 alloy) and cans (3004 alloy).
- 4000 series: mainly based on silicon, not commonly used. A part of 4000 series aluminum is heat treatable.
- 5000 series: Aluminum alloy mainly based on magnesium. 5000 series aluminium sheet has good resistance, welding performance and fatigue strength, no heat treatment and strengthening, only cold processing to improve strength. Applications are marine boats, yachts, lawn mower handles, aircraft fuel tank conduits and body armor.
- 6000 series: Aluminum alloy mainly based on magnesium and silicon. 6000 series sheet aluminium has medium strength, good corrosion resistance, welding performance, process performance and oxidation coloring performance. Applications are car luggage racks, doors, windows, body, heat sinks, compartments.
- 7000 series: Aluminum alloy mainly based on zinc, a small amount of magnesium, copper, good welding performance. 7005 and 7075 plain aluminium sheet are the highest grades in the 7000 series and can be heat treated and strengthened. Applications are aircraft load-bearing components, landing gear, rockets, propellers, aviation spacecraft.